• Born around 1766 probably in Wareham, Plymouth, Massachusetts to John and ? Bessey.
• Married Joseph Sturtevant July 5, 1787.
• Moves to Paris, Oxford, Maine in 1797 with her husband and four children.
• Sarah has eight more children in Paris for a total of twelve, and all surprisingly survive to adulthood: Joseph, Reward, Althea, Mary, Sarah, Hannah, Lucy, Leonard, Eliza, Caleb, Vesta, and Samuel.
• After moving several times with the hopes of making a successful farm, the family moved to Hebron, Oxford, Maine.
• Joseph died March 20, 1836 in Hebron.
• After Joseph died, Sarah moves back to Paris and lives with her son Leonard and his family. She receives a small widow’s pension which helps her financially for another twenty years.
• Sarah died on March 24, 1857 after suffereing from burns she received when her clothes caught fire, most likely while cooking.
• She was buried at the Streaked Mountain Cemetery in Paris, Oxford, Maine.
Image of Sarah (Bessey) Sturtevant’s grave courtesy of Jennifer Boone at Find A Grave.